These are my top two favorite concealers, by far. They each do such a superb job at hiding my imperfections, blend smoothly and last throughout the day. (More than I can say for my foundation)
So, is Tarte’s Shape Tape worth the extra money? (Spoiler) It’s not. At least not for me, ‘a broke bisch’. Elf gives me slightly fuller coverage and I can easily purchase a wide variety of shades for contouring.
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer
A classic, cult favorite concealer that not only provides natural coverage, but it stays on throughout the day. The price can range from $19-$27, making this an expensive daily product.
- Medium/full coverage
- Lasts almost all day
- Very easy to blend
- Great for under eyes and blemishes
- Can become cakey when building coverage
- Thicker consistency
Elf Hydrating Camo Concealer
A newer formula, Elf gives us an almost identical concealer that’s costs a third of the price and truly lasts all day.
- Full coverage
- Highly pigmented
- Lasts all day
- Easily buildable coverage
- Non cakey
- Great for under eyes & contouring
- *I wouldn’t recommend using this to cover acne. Elf has A 16HR Camo Concealer that I use for covering blemishes. (This way it doesn’t make my ‘already oily’ skin break out.) It can be tougher to blend since it dries faster, but it’s perfect for covering teeny tiny areas.